Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We arived in Maui on Sunday afternoon. While we were waiting in Dallas for our flight I checked my voice mail and found a message from the Elders Quorum Presidency asking me call my home teaching families to tell them that Church was cancelled do to heavy snow. Wow, am I glad to be out of winter for a few days.

When we arrived in Maui, we deplaned in the usual way via jet bridge and proceeded through the terminal to baggage claim. Upon arrival at baggage claim we realized the we were really in the tropics because there were no windows or doors. You could feel the warm breeze, see palm tree swaying in the breeze and hear the birds just outside.

We arrived at the Avis counter only to find out that we did not have a reservation. I had booked my reservation through a online discount company. After an hour of frustration, we found that I had a reservation on a different island. Finally, with the help of a good Avis agent, we were in our car and heading to the Kahana Beach Vacation Club in Kaanapala, Maui.

There is a photo looking down at the beach from our balcony.

More updates to come.

4 comments:

Dan said...

looks like allot of fun. I can't wait to go there someday myself.

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW! Sounds like fun also.

Flee said...

Dang! Winter storm warnings. Crazy. Looks like loads of fun!

Carolyn~ said...

I love mom's picture walking on the beach! That is a little piece of heaven!