Friday, September 5, 2008

flee cheats

Whew! I made it through the first week of school! And it was only 4 days! Really it wasn't bad at all, in fact I haven't even started with students yet. I will be taking students to the Village Press this year and am excited about it as it will be a great site with lots of varied tasks we can do. Thanks to hurricane Gustav we finally got some rain yesterday and today and it suddenly seems like fall. Bob is in Dallas working very hard in ground school for a new airplane. After last weekend when he was number 115 on the standby list,(whoever has even heard of such a thing!) getting home at 2:30AM Saturday, and having to leave after 30 hours later, Bob has decided to stay in Dallas this weekend and study. Can you blame him!? He is the smartest, hardest working man I know. I got somewhat domestic this week and sewed some curtains for the master bathroom. I still have some work left to do one the second pair before I am done.
As you can tell from Flee's blog she really can't keep a secret! i just wanted to see how long it took for you to check for an update after not doing one for a year! She just had to mention it so now the scientific study I had going on is ruined!
Anyone placing a bet or making a guess on Cora and Brett's baby? Is it a girl or a boy? Will it come before Monday or not? No. I'm not getting excited about another little family member! i think it will be another little girl- maybe a redhead!

6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

I think a blonde little gal. That looks just like Cora. I am so glad that you are writting again. Its so fun to see that you are back on the horse again.
LIfe here in Valley is good. I dont see or hear from flee much in person but I get to *see* her on the net with her blog and sometimes if I am lucky to catch her on the IM.
Well good luck with studies and keep up the domestic house things.
:D Karla

Flee said...

Wow mom, ouch. I can keep a secret! And yes, I did cheat. I just didn't want you feelings to get hurt. :) j/k. Anyways, nice work on the curtains. It'd be a great story if there were pics to go along with it. I'll have to show you how to do that when Lizzy and I go visit.

Jen said...

Umm--for the record, I just started checking blogs today for the first time in literally FOREVER (by the way, it makes me giggle when people say literally like that when it's not). Anyway, I swear that I checked yours without first encountering Flee's loose lips. Yea--you're inspiring me to blog more!

Lauren & Carolyn Gilbert said...

I would guess that Cora's baby will be a girl and will eventually have some sort of "red" hair...probably after dying her beautiful blonde hair black then trying to remedy it before her mom sees it, thus becoming a varied shade of red. Hmmm...I wonder when Cora will be updating HER blog (mom can you work on her and April since you are on a roll?) Hopefully soon after the baby comes so we can all see her/him. :)

Jen said...

an update once a year isn't bad. dan g

Hodge Family said...

wow another update? Nice. It looks like you guys are doing well. Flee told me you guys are planning to move to Texas. What a big move. I can't believe that it has been so long since I have been to traverse city. Now if I do every get back I won't be able to visit you :(. ANyway I hope everything else is going well for you.

Rachel