Monday, September 22, 2008

It's a wonderful life -if i don't gripe about the small things

A new baby girl in the family and her name is Abigail Marie! She weighed in at 8lb.15oz., was born Friday night (Sept. 19), came home Saturday afternoon and then spent Sat. night in the hospital after choking on some mucus and momentarily turning a peculiar shade of blue. Thank goodness for parents who acted quickly and all is well. The latest report is that she is perfect and perfectly healthy! When Cora gets a minute she will fill all of you in on her blog- ok just a try at humor at Cora's expense. On a more serious note- what can be more wonderful than a sweet baby. I am lucky indeed to be so blessed with great children (that includes ALL of those sons and daughter-in-law) who have given Bob and me so many perfect grandchildren. Thanks

I am getting real tired of the single life here in Michigan while Bob is working so hard in Dallas. I really do have the easy part but I find myself boring- something i thought one should never be. Someone??? packed most of the books away so the house would show better. I had better make a trips to the library if I have to endure the winter in isolation.

Did you all read Flees feelings and observations of fall. You can't help but feel happy and uplifted- something that is to be cherished these days when I get so upset(read angry) with all that is going on in the nation. Thanks Flee for helping me remember those things that make life so enjoyable.

For those of you who have had the priviledge of living on the farm during the fall- the pears will soon be ripe.! The time is at hand when one can royally pig out on deliciousness with out having to prepare or cook anything!! I wish all of you could come enjoy the feast.

5 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

You are to darling Doris. I am sorry you are there all alone. You should come out and visit us. You know the SOUTHERNS! We could have you and flee over for dinner.
And then you can show us the CUTE pictures of your new grandbaby. I bet she is adorable. (I knew it was a girl) anyways I am totally excited that you are blogging. I cant wait to see what else you will write.

Flee said...

ARHG! I want some pears! I can't even tell you how much I miss living out there. Ugh...Anyways, if you get bored enough you are more than welcome to quit your job and travel! Lizzy and I wouldn't mind some visitors. I know Cora would be more than happy/grateful for the company. and YES! The office looks SO much better sans all the books on the shelves, remember you said so yourself. sorry you are lonely and bored. :(

Steve and Chelle said...

I thought that 'someone' might have been flee!! hehe, well I would totally come visit you out there, but ALAS!!! seeing as how we are living with my 'rent, that porbably won't happen!! (unless Steve gets a job with an airline or something!!!) Anywho, sorry you are bored!! someday you'll have your kids all with you again! Congrats on the new addition!

Corilee said...

Except that the scriptures warn against being angry I am with you on what's happening nationally. Depression is an ugly word but one I think we may experience in our lifetime. $700 BILLION in new taxes my not stop it and yet we will have to pay it, anyway. And it may end up being over a TRILLION dollars.

Just to let you know what a trillion means... A million seconds is 12 days, a billion seconds is 32 years and a trillion seconds is 32,000 years.

Thankyou Democrats for giving us Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac... :[

Hodge Family said...

congrats on the new baby girl in the family